Teabaggers: Our Modern day Luddites
1811 – The Luddite Movement is formed. Textile workers organize and destroy looms and modern textile machines because the new efficient technology destroyed their jobs and way of life. Historian E. P. Thompson argued that Luddites were not opposed to new technology simply because it was new, but to the lower, flexible prices and to the introduction of a “free” market. His claim was based on the many Luddite raids where some machines were smashed, yet those owned by owners who did not reduce prices were left unharmed.
2009 – The Teabagger movement is formed, ignorant of the more common usage of that term.
Coincidence? I think not.
1919 – Antonio Gramsci, Italian communist leader, creates the New Order, L’Ordine Nuovo an effort to educate the masses and lead them to a social revolution.
1990 – George HW Bush promotes a New World Order based on US economic and military strength.
COINCIDENCE? I think NOT!
“The world’s equilibrium hath been upset through the vibrating influence of this most great, this new World Order. Mankind’s ordered life hath been revolutionized through the agency of this unique, this wondrous System – the like of which mortal eyes have never witnessed.” – – – -Bahá’u’llá, creator of the Bahai faith, 1889,
NEW YORK (Reuters) – U.S. securities regulators originally treated the New York Federal Reserve’s bid to keep secret many of the details of the American International Group bailout like a request to protect matters of national security, according to emails obtained by Reuters.
This is what unregulated, pure, the “Haves and Have Mores” capitalism has come down to. Facts that are so unsupportable, so messy, and quite possibly criminal, that the parties involved, INCLUDING OUR GOVERNMENT, cannot accept the idea that their dirty dealings might see the light of day.
1. Identify an issue that people want to hear about.
2. Make a GREAT SPEECH on the subject, to cheering crowds, happy faces, and even good editorial page coverage.
3. Quit. Do nothing else. Ignore the task of leadership.
4. After too much time has passed, have Rahm bitch at the Progressive Caucus for complaining about the complete inaction by the White House.
5. Meet every perceived demand made by political opponents, making sure that the knife that you use to stab your supporters in the back is razor sharp, and free of fingerprints and grime.
6. Have Rahm look at the polling data on said issue.
7. Freak out over polling data.
8. Hold emergency White House meeting.