Sen. Claire McCAskill is one Democrat willing to go on the record saying Conway went “way over the line” in the ad that attacks Paul for an alleged participation in a mock pagan ritual as part of a secret society in college more than three decades ago.
Democrats contacted by Capitol Hill Blue admit they are “bothered” by the ad and feel Conway “went too far” but few are willing to go on record saying so.
“He’s blown it,” one Democratic consultant said of Conway and the ad. “He just handed the race to Paul. Any chance he had is gone.”
Rand refused to shake Conway’s hand at their recent debate, telling his opponent that his actions “demean Kentucky.”
View the ad below.
- Religion Moves to Forefront in Kentucky (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Conway’s Attack On Paul Slammed By Fellow Dems (huffingtonpost.com)
- Democrats Think Jack Conway’s Desperation Has Grown “Very Dangerous” (redstate.com)
- ‘I will not be shaking his hand tonight…’ (redstate.com)
- Under Fire From Some Liberals, Jack Conway Goes On The Attack For Progressive Group (blogs.abcnews.com)