1) CHB features Doug Thompson, who if he isn’t one of a kind, lord help us…
2) You can follow or join a community of commenters you can actually get to know
3) You can read columnist Phil Hoskins, a Hollywood attorney and activist who founded Take Back West Hollywood.
4) You can read columnist Robert Kezelis, a lawyer, sculptor and writing curmudgeon based south of Chicago.
5) You can read me, a psychotherapist who was recently called a psycho who should be committed by a poster on a local message board…
Check out this new story by Robert Parry reflecting on journalist Garry Webb’s suicide, after being totally blacklisted by the mainstream media because he had the guts to speak the truth about the CIA and other parts of the US government that helped the Contras and their allies import cocaine into the US, during the period that President Reagan was talking about “fighting drugs” and locking up all those drug users in a cage, beefing up the police state and the prison industrial complex.
Who, or what, is Capitol Hill Blue?
Capitol Hill Blue is a non-partisan, take-no-prisoners political news site launched by Doug Thompson — an ex-newspaperman, former political operative and longtime journalist — in October 1994. That makes us the oldest surviving news site on the Internet. But don’t take our word for it. Go to Google and see if you can find anything older. Bet you can’t.
This article has been removed from our database because an internal review could not verify the sources for the material.