“The Donald,” as in Donald Trump, says he will decide by June on whether or not he will run for President but says he is serious and that the run — if he makes it — is not a publicity stunt to promote his show, “The Celebrity Apprentice.”
“The ratings on the show are through the room. I don’t need to boost the ratings,” Trump told The Associated Press. “But the country is doing so badly. I wish there was someone in the Republican field I thought would be incredible because that’s what we need right now.”
Trump told ABC‘s “Good Morning America” that he can spend as much as $600 million of his personal fortune.
“Part of the beauty of me is that I’m very rich,” he told the show.
- Chris Matthews: Why Is Donald Trump “Going Primate” And Joining The Birthers (mediaite.com)
- Donald Trump Panders To The Birthers (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Donald Trump Runs for President – Obama, “You’re Fired!” (businessinsider.com)
- Plane trouble: Donald Trump’s jet registered in Bermuda (dailykos.com)
- Donald Trump: Talk Of Potential Run Isn’t About Publicity (huffingtonpost.com)