Polls continue to show America’s fascination is fading for former Alaska Gov. and failed Vice Presidential hopeful Sarah Palin.
Even the Republican Party is tiring of Palin and her bombastic nature.
According to a new Washington Post-ABC news poll, her ratings within the party are dropping to less than 60 percent — a massive drop from the 88 percent rating after John McCain picked her as his running mate in 2008 and 70 percent last October.
Only 47 percent of Republican leaning independents have a favorable view of Palin.
Palin, in fact, may be the GOP’s Nancy Pelosi when int comes to unpopularity with voters. A NBC-Wall Street Journal Poll shows Palin’s favorability dropped to 27 percent while a CBS News-New York Times sample shows it down 19 percent.
A Quinnipiac University that measures the “temperature” of voters towards political figures found Palin third from the bottom, sharing the “coldest” temperatures with Pelosi and former Senate leader Harry Reid.
Writes Dave Cook in the :
It has been a tough couple of days for former Alaska governor and Fox News commentator Sarah Palin.
A new ABC News/Washington Post poll, released Wednesday, found that Ms. Palin’s favorability ratings among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents have dropped to a new low. Fifty-eight percent of those voters still view her favorably – not exactly shabby, by most standards. But compared with the 88 percent favorable rating she enjoyed right after Sen. John McCain picked her as his running mate in 2008 – and even the 70 percent positive rating she enjoyed as recently as October – Palin is definitely on a downward slide.
Even more troubling for Palin, especially if she harbors presidential ambitions, is that her negative ratings among Republicans are higher than those for other possible GOP presidential contenders. Thirty-seven percent of Republicans and Republican-leaners see Palin unfavorably, the ABC News survey said. That exceeds former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s unfavorable ratings by 11 percentage points, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s by 16 points, and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s by 19 points.
- Washington Post-ABC News Poll: Sarah Palin Losing Support Among Republicans (themoderatevoice.com)
- Palin’s plummenting poll problem (capitolhillblue.com)
- Republicans Jumping Off The Good Ship Palin (alan.com)
- TRENDING: Palin support fading, says poll (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Sarah Palin Is Losing Favor With GOP And Independent Voters New Poll Reports (mediaite.com)
- Poll: Republicans Deserting Palin (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Sarah Palin Losing Support Among Republicans (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Palin Losing Ground Among Republicans (politicalwire.com)