Members of a self-described “Christian Militia” called Hutaree planned a war against the U.S. government and planned to launch the war by killing police officers, prosecutors said Monday.
Nine members of the Michigan-based Christian cult are in custody, arrested as part of a plot to first kill the cops and then slaughter many more by bombing the funerals of the slain officers.
Facing charges are militia leader David Brian Stone, 45; wife Tina Stone, 44, sons Joshua Matthew Stone, 21, and David Brian Stone, Jr., 19; plus cult members Joshua Clough, 28, Michael Meeks, 40, Thomas Piatek, 46, Kristopher Sickles, 27 and Jacob Ward, 33.
Militia leader Stone called himself “Captain Hutraree” and told others he was “invincible,” saying “Christ wanted us to do this.”
The group’s web site is filled with screeds of hate in the name of religion, claiming the government is the “antichrist” and declaring its goal was “preparing for the end time battles to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive.”
Members of the group were arrested in coordinated raids in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana.
Related articles by Zemanta
- 9 Christian militia members in U.S. charged in anti-government plot (calgaryherald.com)
- Militia sought uprising, feds say (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- ‘Christian Warriors': Last of Nine Alleged Hutaree Militia Arrested (abcnews.go.com)
- Charges: Family of 4 Behind Christian Militia Cop Killer Plot (abcnews.go.com)
- Police Suspected Cop-Killing Plot From Hutaree Militia (oliverwillis.com)