Kentucky’s Jim Bunning, the one-man Senate roadblock, flipped the bird Tuesday to ABC’s Zach Wolf, a news producer, during a testy exchange with Jonathan Karl, a reporter for the network.
Bunning, a former major league pitcher and baseball Hall of Famer, isn’t running for re-election and has a nasty temper that erupts often in front of the press.
Reporters tried to question the Kentucky Senator as he headed into the elevator en route to a floor vote. Bunning shouts, gets red-faced and yells at the reporters, telling them to “leave me alone.”
The Senator last week managed to block extension of funding for several federal transportation, resulting in layoffs of federal workers and a delay in extension of unemployment benefits.
- Kentucky Senator Jim Bunning Reacts Angrily When Asked Why He’s Blocking The Jobs Bill (alan.com)
- Michael Kieschnick: Republicans Use Jim Bunning to say Tough Shit to America (huffingtonpost.com)
- Angry Senator Bunning Refusing to Relent On Unemployment Bill, Flips Bird At Reporters (lezgetreal.com)
- Sen. Bunning, the Unemployment filibuster King tells ABC: ‘This Is a Senators Only Elevator!’ (crooksandliars.com)
- Hundreds of Thousands Lose Unemployment Benefits Due to GOP Filibuster (angryindian.blogspot.com)
- He’s flipping off more than just journalists (washingtonmonthly.com)